Common misspellings for court:
Definition of court:
- To act the courtier; to woo. Court of Session, the supreme civil court in Scotland. General court, a state legislature.
- To endeavour to please by civilities and address; to solicit a woman in marriage; to flatter or woo.
- To endeavour to please; to woo or pay addresses to a woman; to solicit; to seek.
- A space enclosed by houses; the residence of a king or sovereign prince; persons who compose his retinue or council; place where justice is administered; the judges assembled for hearing and deciding causes; any jurisdiction, civil, military, or ecclesiastical; civility; address to gain favour.
- An open space of ground attached to a house; a small paved square or space surrounded by houses; the palace of a king, also the persons attached to his person as attendants, council, & c.; a place of justice, likewise the judges and officers engaged there; civility; flattery; the art of pleasing.