Common misspellings for delta:
delawar, deald, diloag, delagte, dwhat, dellet, delama, delte, delet, deltail, deliate, denita, dollat, delya, dilema, delth, dowload, delaid, fetlt, deitail, delbt, tewlth, delat, deleet, dlete, deala, diatal, tellt, deltoro, deliete, daylit, tellthat, fidelty, delima, deliah, deluth, detla, delayd, deletd, detale, dialate, tolate, dellay, deleat, dulite, deblt, defolt, detaul, deleate, desotoa, defult, delaied, delema, deatl, deleo, delelt, delton, denta, deslote, relat, telfa, teuletary, deltal, deetail, dailty, udult, dleetd, delette, doult, delted, toltal, debata, detila, delaed, dewlt, dekota, deaty, defulat, dalth, dealth, detai, desta, decatar, fideltiy, deflat, daylite, delt, dailt, deleama, detal, delied, deta, delciate, dulute, delma, deltiod, delelte, delets, delear, dilma, delow, derty, daata, detael, deatail, dleet, dalema, deliay, delite, duedate, delco, declotte, delegat, deelte, dlead, dedia, delyaed, delit, dielght, felta, dealed, sideload, gelati, toleat, deteal, deatil, delare, delicte, dircelty, deatila, delcate, toleta, detah, decleard, depleat, melat, delictae, dela, dieled, deleay, difult, delayt, deult, dults, deleter, deault, deloite, dealdy, dealaid, desolt, tertal, delicat, delute, telts, datta, helaty, tolda, dault, dlata, dealtwith, delan, deeplt, delate, delgado, deletee, delph, deila, delia, deltmare, dleta, detall, devat, telfair, telsta, selta, xelta, celta, relta, eelta, dwlta, dslta, ddlta, drlta, d4lta, d3lta, dekta, depta, deota, delra, delfa, delga, del6a, del5a, deltz, delts, deltw, deltq, sdelta, dselta, xdelta, dxelta, cdelta, dcelta, fdelta, dfelta, rdelta, drelta, edelta, deelta, dwelta, dewlta, deslta, ddelta, dedlta, derlta, d4elta, de4lta, d3elta, de3lta, deklta, delkta, deplta, delpta, deolta, delota, delrta, deltra, delfta, deltfa, delgta, deltga, delyta, deltya, del6ta, delt6a, del5ta, delt5a, deltza, deltaz, deltsa, deltas, deltwa, deltaw, deltqa, deltaq, elta, dlta, edlta, dellta, deltta, deltaa, delta, telta, lelta, dulta, dmlta, dalta, dglta, dedta, dehta, demta, del4a, delda, delpa, delva, delua, delti, deltc, d elta, de lta, del ta, delt a.
Definition of delta:
- a low triangular area where a river divides before entering a larger body of water
- the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet
- A tract of land shaped like the letter delta , especially when the land is alluvial and inclosed between two or more mouths of a river; as, the delta of the Ganges, of the Nile, or of the Mississippi.
- The fourth letter of the Greek alphabet ( ), answering to D.
- an object having the shape of the capital .
- The closed figure produced by connecting three coils or circuits successively, end for end, esp. in a three- phase system; - often used attributively, as delta winding, delta connection ( which see), etc.
- A deposit of sand or soil, shaped like the Greek letter delta, formed at the mouth of a river; as, the Nile River forms a delta.
- Fourth letter of the Greek alphabet; triangle of land between the mouths of a river.
- The fourth letter in the Greek alphabet; a triangle, as of land; the mouth of a river.
- The Greek letter D, written; a tract of alluvial land at the mouth of the Nile shaped like a delta; any alluvial deposit formed at the mouth of a river.
- A name applied by the Greeks to the alluvial deposit at the month of the Nile, from its shape resembling ∆; any alluvial tract of land between the diverging mouths of a river.
Usage examples for delta
I have shown, when treating of the Mississippi, that a more ancient delta, including species of shells such as now inhabit Louisiana, has been upraised, and made to occupy a wide geographical area, while a newer delta is forming; and the possibility of such movements and their effects must not be lost sight of when we speculate on the origin of the Wealden. The Student's Elements of Geology by Sir Charles Lyell