Common misspellings for drink:
Definition of drink:
- To swallow a liquid; to be intemperate in the use of spirituous liquors; to be entertained with liquors at a feast.
- To swallow, as liquids; to imbibe; to take in by the senses; to inhale.
- To swallow a liquid, as water; to suck in; to absorb; to take alcoholic liquors; to be intemperate.
- Something to be drunk; a draught; liquor that intoxicates, or excessive indulgence in it. To drink to, to salute in drinking; to invite to drink by drinking first; to wish well to in the act of taking the cup. To drink deep, to drink to excess. To drink down, to act on by drinking; to reduce or subdue. To drink off, to drink the whole at a draught. To drink in, to absorb; to take or receive into any inlet. To drink up, to drink the whole. To drink health or to the health, a customary civility, in which a person expresses his respect or kind wishes for another.
- Any liquid taken into the mouth and stomach for quenching thirst; a beverage; a draught; a potion.