Common misspellings for hope:
Definition of hope:
- To cherish a desire of good, with some expectation of obtaining it; to place confidence in.
- To desire with expectation of good, or a belief that it may be obtained.
- To cherish a desire of good, with some degree of expectation of attaining it; to trust in with confident anticipation of good.
- A desire of some good, accompanied with expectation of obtaining it, or the recognition of better things in store, accompanied with all due effort to gain them; confidence in a future event; anticipation; he in whom or that in which we have hope; what is hoped for.
- The desire of good, accompanied with some degree of expectation of obtaining it, or with a belief that it is attainable; anticipation of future good; trust; opinion or belief not amounting to certainty.