Common misspellings for pious:
pirze, picques, seious, sppouse, spous, persious, perious, pizze, vaious, pimms, lious, pomous, peiods, piru, tiops, porious, pios, piost, plius, preoius, pizar, poisous, cuious, ciourse, pciuer, pocus, preiouis, pouns, caious, plous, toius, posum, pevious, poors, poium, hiouse, percious, vaiuos, prous, poionous, popus, hiours, pisss, hiosue, purpous, xpoies, poiicy, perviouse, pecious, piease, spauious, piosen, pouce, phpos, 38pios, wpies, pouems, pouse, vious, priour, piase, supiour, preious, supiaious, ious, pizes, pichur, persu, spaious, poice, perous, piours, patouis, piouness, pacious, piees, perpous, pourous, poisious, perviouis, peions, peiords, poiut, prious, supious, pilows, poicy, kaous, pius, pupouse, piots, kious, pions, spoiuse, pourse, pieas, pieous, bious, pirsue, paues, poa's, perioues, pia's, pilus, pyou, pionee r, 0ious, puous, pjous, pkous, poous, p9ous, p8ous, piius, pi0us, pi9us, pioys, piohs, piojs, piois, pio8s, pio7s, pioua, piouz, pioux, pioud, pioue, piouw, poious, lpious, p-ious, 0pious, p0ious, puious, piuous, pjious, pijous, pkious, p9ious, pi9ous, p8ious, pi8ous, piious, pioius, piokus, piopus, pi0ous, pio0us, pio9us, pioyus, piouys, piohus, piouhs, piojus, pioujs, piouis, pio8us, piou8s, pio7us, piou7s, piouas, piousa, piouzs, piousz, piouxs, piousx, piouds, piousd, pioues, piouse, piouws, piousw, piou, ipous, poius, piuos, piosu, ppious, piouus, piouss, xious, tious, rious, qious, pyous, pmous, phous, pio5s, pioqs, piows, piou3, piouc, piouq, piour, payeous, peyeous, pi ous, pio us, piou s.
Definition of pious:
- devoutly religious; " a god- fearing and law- abiding people" H. L. Mencken
- having or showing or expressing reverence for a deity; " pious readings"
- Practiced under the pretext of religion; prompted by mistaken piety; as, pious errors; pious frauds.
- Showing reverence for God; religious; devout; as, pious people; done under pretense of religion; as, a pious fraud.
- Devout: having reverence and love for the Deity: proceeding from religious feeling.
- Possessed of piety; religious.
- Reverencing the Supreme Being; devout; proceeding from piety; having due respect and affection for parents and relatives; practised under the pretence of religion.
- Devout; religious; done under the guise of religion, in an ill sense.
Usage examples for pious
The neighbors were sent for, the room soon filled, and many prayers were offered up from the very hearts of these dear Christian people, that some relief might be obtained for this good and pious man. History of the Comstock Patent Medicine Business and Dr. Morse's Indian Root Pills by Robert B. Shaw