Common misspellings for RETINA:
ruotine, greting, retuern, roteen, retune, certien, wreten, reuin, lreturn, rotein, reuturn, rting, routin, kertin, eting, metin, redunf, rutiune, retena, ruten, reactin, rerturn, rotinue, rottan, rataan, readin, redaing, reteun, gettina, retarn, reden, writint, writein, rician, rutine, routian, rmeian, retnia, retuing, reouting, reginia, getin, rreturn, rotin, threting, writtian, recting, remaian, retuen, retn, readiny, wrtien, rootine, rutinly, writinf, freting, wrttien, reton, reain, relting, rihana, rotien, writin, ryhtmn, wrting, reten, rutienly, rieting, rotaion, rutin, ratinale, cearitn, uretahne, ceritn, retern, reaturn, retunr, retyurn, wretten, retive, retourn, reting, roting, chritina, retane, retaner, retieing, reuten, reita, remiting, writtin, certin, rotuine, retuurn, reternd, wryting, redifne, ratinal, rweturn, retin, reeturn, writtan, mrtin, ratain, remina, rotunie, retna, reutine, riting, pretine, retaingin, rutean, returmn, petina, rtgnr, routinary, rtina, ruteen, moretyhan, retrn, rovina, retuirn, retuns, retianer, nreturn, retaiing, rething, srutiny, rotiean, rutene, certina, gretna, rentinga, rteturn, retian, rtinopthy, rhytmn, repting, areturn, ceretin, treting, retainin, retturn, wrten, zaytinia, treatin, retirns, restin, revinu, rutuine, eatinga, riten, retutn, retirn, writtena, retun, remian, mareting, rentin, retunn, reutn, ruton, retaing, reatins, writien, retaine, remidn, readinga, eeting, rottin, roitine, ratan, retnas, redunacy, rittany, rutein, reding, retuine, ritng, ruitine, retine, reamian, rteurn, writtine, reyhan, reorting, retyrn, reatined, reatiner, riteing, reatin, reutrn, retnal, retaind, rutiene, rotine, rootin, thretin, retorn, rutinley, rationa, wretling, ruetine, retainig, regeting, retung, wreiting, retink, readinf, wrtiien, returna, retinopthay, retag, reating, reunian, creatinga, rarting, ruteine, wrtiing, certine, retein, wriitn, retuin, retning, rateing, returnn, retainage, writinh, roten, rutinary, retujn, retins, retuirns, rhinna, ratin, redunat, ruting, ereturn, rutien, restinga, treturn, retier, certane, retns, dryting, quritine, ratign, retund, raina, retil, retainmmm, regina, retinol, retinophathy, retuning, rhtymn, reoutine, routinal, rueteen, rtehir, teina, rtypn, eetina, 5etina, 4etina, rwtina, rstina, rdtina, rrtina, r4tina, r3tina, re6ina, re5ina, retuna, retjna, retkna, retona, ret9na, ret8na, retiba, retija, retiha, retinz, retinw, retinq, reetina, dretina, rdetina, fretina, rfetina, rtetina, 5retina, r5etina, 4retina, r4etina, rwetina, rewtina, rsetina, redtina, rretina, re4tina, r3etina, re3tina, reftina, retfina, retyina, re6tina, ret6ina, re5tina, ret5ina, retuina, retiuna, retjina, retijna, retkina, retikna, retoina, retiona, ret9ina, reti9na, ret8ina, reti8na, retibna, retinba, retimna, retinja, retihna, retinha, retinza, retinqa, reitna, retiina, RmTINA, RETmNA, RETIfA, RETIlA, RETIoA, r etina, re tina, ret ina.
Definition of RETINA:
- Optomeninx, the inner, nervous, tunic of the eyeball, consisting of an outer pigment layer attached to the inner surface of the chorioid, ciliary body, and iris, and an inner layer formed by the expansion of the optic nerve. It comprises an optic or physiological portion which receives the visual rays, and a non- percipient ciliary portion, or pars coeca retinoe, the two being separated by the ora serrata. The optic portion consists of eight layers, as follows ( the numbers referring to the layers as shown in the cut): 1, pigment layer, stratum pigmenti; 2, layer of rods and cones, bacillary layer; 3, outer nuclear layer; 4, outer molecular layer; 5, inner nuclear layer;. 6, inner molecular layer; 7, ganglionic layer; 8, nerve- fiber layer, stratum opticum; between the layer of rods and cones and the outer nuclear layer is the outer limiting membrane, and covering the stratum opticum is the inner limiting membrane.
- Reticular expansion of optic nerve.
- The delicate membrane by which the back part of the globe of the eye is lined, and in which the fibers of the optic nerve terminate. See Eye.
- The inner coat of the eye, containing the ends of the nerves of sight; that part of the eye which receives the images seen.
- The innermost coating of the eye, consisting of a fine network of optic nerves.
- The inner coat of the eye, which receives the optical image.
- A retiform expansion of the optic nerve in the eye, which receives the impressions that give rise to vision.
- One of the coats of the eye, resembling fine network, which receives the impressions resulting in the sense of vision.
- The retiform membrane of the eye which receives the impressions, resulting in the sense of vision.
- [ Latin] The retiform membrane of the eye which receives the impressions, resulting in the sense of vision( anat., zool.).
Usage examples for RETINA
Our minds might have been constituted exactly as they are, we might have been capable of comprehending the highest and sublimest truths, and yet, but for a small organ in the head, the world of sound would have been shut out from us; we should have lost the sounds of nature, the charms of music, the conversation of friends, and have been condemned to perpetual silence: and yet a slight alteration in the retina, which is not thicker than a sheet of paper, not larger than a finger nail,- and the glorious spectacle of this beautiful world, the exquisite variety of form, the glory and play of color, the variety of scenery, of woods and fields, and lakes and hills, seas and mountains, the glory of the sky alike by day and night, would all have been lost to us. The Pleasures of Life by Sir John Lubbock