Common misspellings for alkali:
alkthough, orlikely, accaly, alcahole, alchaul, eligile, ealrlier, alkanlize, alckaline, lkely, algai, alocolic, alchocal, elkart, alcholoic, elibigle, likeli, alcolol, alcholic, alchahaul, alkje, alchcol, abligail, iligle, alchoal, elgal, abgail, walkl, alkline, alchocol, elglish, alocohlic, alchoolic, alvioli, alcohl, oalmeal, artlcle, alfull, alergil, ezekial, akali, umlikely, alvoli, alholic, elikely, alkiline, ilgaly, ukilalie, eliglbe, alocholic, alcohaul, alcholoh, aclchol, alchal, alchhal, ilagal, alcohall, alwhile, iligal, eligle, alchaol, abbigail, algle, alcool, iligale, alala, alaloug, acolhal, ajjalallah, alcochol, alchoclic, mallakalm, oflocal, aloholic, alevoli, alnly, alpalpha, alcohloic, abagail, alcohle, calkl, ileagly, luckyli, alcholo, eligalbe, illagly, alegal, abiagail, klkl, alcaline, abilgail, likaly, alchoalic, falkl, alcohlic, alkike, alkylin, alcoloh, alckahal, aliqui, alwwhwl, alkaide, alcoolic, alchahol, artilcle, i'lkl, illagle, alcahal, alicai, alchohlic, alfala, alkal, glyclo, eligal, ezekeil, alocal, alcohale, altually, alchola, alwaly, ileagle, alchoil, alcholoc, alkili, abigiail, aibigail, alchall, alcoloha, alochal, alkai, alall, alkl, alleil, atlocal, anjali, ankal, ezkeil, allegal, illgle, zlkali, slkali, wlkali, qlkali, akkali, apkali, aokali, aljali, almali, allali, aloali, aliali, alkzli, alksli, alkwli, alkqli, alkaki, alkapi, alkaoi, alkalu, alkalj, alkalk, alkalo, alkal9, alkal8, zalkali, azlkali, salkali, aslkali, walkali, awlkali, qalkali, aqlkali, aklkali, alkkali, aplkali, alpkali, aolkali, alokali, aljkali, alkjali, almkali, alkmali, allkali, alklali, alkoali, alikali, alkiali, alkzali, alkazli, alksali, alkasli, alkwali, alkawli, alkqali, alkaqli, alkakli, alkalki, alkapli, alkalpi, alkaoli, alkaloi, alkalui, alkaliu, alkalji, alkalij, alkalik, alkalio, alkal9i, alkali9, alkal8i, alkali8, lkali, alkli, lakali, aklali, alakli, alklai, alkail, aalkali, alkaali, alkalli, alkalii, alkali, ilkali, elkali, clkali, adkali, ahkali, ankali, amkali, alcali, alkeli, alkcli, alkadi, alkahi, alkani, alkami, alkaly, alkala, alkalm, alkalh, alkalaye, alkaleye, a lkali, al kali, alk ali, alka li, alkal i.
Definition of alkali:
- A water soluable base that feels soapy. It has a ph level of above 7 and makes the litmust papers turn blue on contact. Burns result from exposure to strong alkalis.
- Soda ash; caustic soda, caustic potash, etc.
- One of a class of caustic bases, such as soda, potash, ammonia, and lithia, whose distinguishing peculiarities are solubility in alcohol and water, uniting with oils and fats to form soap, neutralizing and forming salts with acids, turning to brown several vegetable yellows, and changing reddened litmus to blue.
- Soluble mineral matter, other than common salt, contained in soils of natural waters.
- One of a class of substances, as soda or potash, having the properties of being soluble in water and in alcohol, of combining with fats to form soap, and of changing the tint of many coloring matters; in chemistry a base.
- A substance which neutralises acids.
- A caustic substance neutralizing acids.
- A substance, such as soda or potash, which neutralises the action of an acid, and changes vegetable blues into green, yellows into brown.
Usage examples for alkali
The Club wanted to hear about it, and so Wright proceeded as follows: " We had been having rough times for a good while; thar had been sickness in the train; some of the best animals had been poisoned with alkali; thar had been some Injun scares- it was in '57- and we all had been broken, more or less, of our rest, I in particular, was a good deal jolted up; was nervous and full of starts and shivers. The Comstock Club by Charles Carroll Goodwin