Common misspellings for distinguish:
disminish, distinquish, dinstinguished, destinguished, disguinsh, distingushes, distingish, distinquished, distingusish, distingueshed, distingrish, estinguisher, digstinguished, distingushed, distenguish, distinglish, distinquishes, distinguishs, distingusih, distingishing, distinqicsh, disgunish, distingushing, distinguishion, distinguis, disttingishing, dsitinguish, distuinguished, distunguish, distringuish, distinuish, distigish, distibguish, distinuished, dinstinguish, estingisher, listingshi, distingushe, distingue, distingugish, distiguished, listingshey, distinguishe, distingushable, disntinguished, distiquish, destinguishes, destingish, destinguishing, distinguishly, distinguist, distingishesd, distingiush, distinguesh, distuingishes, distingguish, distiguish, distiquished, distinguashed, ditinguish, distnguished, distingnished, distingwish, distingished, distuingish, distringuished, distinguaish, estinguish, distuingished, distiguishes, distiniguish, distunguished, distinugish, distinguise, distingues, distinguse, destingushing, destinguish, disinguish, distingishes, distingush, distinguishingly, distguish, distinquih, distinguih, distinquesh, distingishable, disdinguished, distigished, distingiushed, estiguish, listingshello, sistinguish, xistinguish, cistinguish, fistinguish, ristinguish, eistinguish, dustinguish, djstinguish, dkstinguish, dostinguish, d9stinguish, d8stinguish, diatinguish, diztinguish, dixtinguish, didtinguish, dietinguish, diwtinguish, disringuish, disfinguish, disginguish, disyinguish, dis6inguish, dis5inguish, distjnguish, distknguish, distonguish, dist9nguish, dist8nguish, distimguish, distijguish, distihguish, distinfuish, distinvuish, distinbuish, distinhuish, distinyuish, distintuish, distingyish, distinghish, distingjish, distingiish, disting8ish, disting7ish, distinguush, distingujsh, distinguksh, distinguosh, distingu9sh, distingu8sh, distinguiah, distinguizh, distinguixh, distinguidh, distinguieh, distinguiwh, distinguisg, distinguisb, distinguisn, distinguisj, distinguisu, distinguisy, sdistinguish, dsistinguish, xdistinguish, dxistinguish, cdistinguish, dcistinguish, fdistinguish, dfistinguish, rdistinguish, dristinguish, edistinguish, deistinguish, duistinguish, diustinguish, djistinguish, dijstinguish, dkistinguish, dikstinguish, doistinguish, diostinguish, d9istinguish, di9stinguish, d8istinguish, di8stinguish, diastinguish, disatinguish, dizstinguish, disztinguish, dixstinguish, disxtinguish, didstinguish, disdtinguish, diestinguish, disetinguish, diwstinguish, diswtinguish, disrtinguish, disftinguish, distfinguish, disgtinguish, distginguish, disytinguish, distyinguish, dis6tinguish, dist6inguish, dis5tinguish, dist5inguish, distuinguish, distiunguish, distjinguish, distijnguish, distkinguish, distiknguish, distoinguish, distionguish, dist9inguish, disti9nguish, dist8inguish, disti8nguish, distibnguish, distinbguish, distimnguish, distinmguish, distinjguish, distihnguish, distinhguish, distinfguish, distingfuish, distinvguish, distingvuish, distingbuish, distinghuish, distinyguish, distingyuish, distintguish, distingtuish, distinguyish, distinguhish, distingjuish, distingujish, distingiuish, distinguiish, disting8uish, distingu8ish, disting7uish, distingu7ish, distinguuish, distinguiush, distinguijsh, distingukish, distinguiksh, distinguoish, distinguiosh, distingu9ish, distingui9sh, distingui8sh, distinguiash, distinguisah, distinguizsh, distinguiszh, distinguixsh, distinguisxh, distinguidsh, distinguisdh, distinguiesh, distinguiseh, distinguiwsh, distinguiswh, distinguisgh, distinguishg, distinguisbh, distinguishb, distinguisnh, distinguishn, distinguisjh, distinguishj, distinguisuh, distinguishu, distinguisyh, distinguishy, istinguish, dstinguish, distnguish, idstinguish, ditsinguish, disitnguish, distniguish, distignuish, distinguihs, ddistinguish, diistinguish, disstinguish, disttinguish, distiinguish, distinnguish, distinguissh, distinguishh, distinguish, tistinguish, listinguish, dystinguish, dastinguish, dmstinguish, dhstinguish, di3tinguish, dictinguish, diqtinguish, dirtinguish, dis4inguish, disdinguish, dispinguish, disvinguish, disuinguish, distynguish, distanguish, distmnguish, disthnguish, disti.guish, distifguish, distilguish, distioguish, distinwuish, distinouish, distincuish, distineuish, disting5ish, distingeish, distingqish, distingtish, distinguysh, distinguash, distingumsh, distinguhsh, distingui3h, distinguich, distinguiqh, distinguirh, distinguisx, distinguisl, distinguisi, dayestayenguayesh, deyesteyengueyesh, d istinguish, di stinguish, dis tinguish, dist inguish, disti nguish, distin guish, disting uish, distingu ish, distingui sh, distinguis h.
Definition of distinguish:
- To separate from others by a mark of honor; to make eminent or known; to confer distinction upon; -- with by or for.
- To make distinctions; to perceive the difference; to exercise discrimination; -- with between; as, a judge distinguishes between cases apparently similar, but differing in principle.
- To make a distinction.
- To recognize or discern by marks, signs, or characteristic quality or qualities; to know and discriminate ( anything) from other things with which it might be confounded; as, to distinguish the sound of a drum.
- To constitute a difference; to make to differ.
- To separate from others by a mark of honor; to make eminent or known; to confer distinction upon; - with by or for.
- To separate from others by some mark of honor or preference; designate by special characteristics; see clearly.
- To mark off, set apart: to recognize by characteristic qualities: to discern critically: to separate by a mark of honor: to make eminent or known.
- To note the difference between; discern; make conspicuous.
- To note as different; discriminate.
- To make eminent.
- To become distinguished or distinctive; to make one's self or itself discernible.
- To make distinctions; to perceive the difference; to exercise discrimination; - with between; as, a judge distinguishes between cases apparently similar, but differing in principle.
- To make a distinction: with between.
- To make or show distinctions or differences.
- identify as in botany or biology, for example
- mark as different; " We distinguish several kinds of maple"
- detect with the senses; " The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; " I can't make out the faces in this photograph"
- To discriminate; followed by between.
- To indicate difference by some external mark; to recognize by characteristic marks; to separate by any mark or quality which constitutes difference; to discern critically; to separate from others by some mark of honour or preference; to make eminent or known.
- To indicate difference by some external mark; to separate or divide by some mark or quality; to perceive a difference by the senses; to make eminent or known; to signalise; to find the difference.
Usage examples for distinguish
But to see the mischief, I hear that Sir G. Carteret did not seem pleased, but said nothing when he heard me proposed to come in Povy's room, which may learn me to distinguish between that man that is a man's true and false friend. Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete Transcribed From The Shorthand Manuscript In The Pepysian Library Magdalene College Cambridge By The Rev. Mynors Bright by Samuel Pepys Commentator: Lord Braybrooke