Common misspellings for mother:
Definition of mother:
- To concrete, as the thick matter of liquors.
- To adopt as a son or daughter. Mother Carey's chickens, stormy petrels.
- To adopt or ascribe to, as a son or daughter.
- A female parent; a woman who has borne a child; a producer; a superior in a religious house.
- A thick slimy substance concreted in liquors.
- A woman that has borne offspring; a female parent; that which has produced anything; that which is oldest and chief; a familiar term of address to an elderly woman; the dregs from certain liquids, as vinegar.
- Native; natural; received, as from one's mother; giving birth, as a mother.
- Native; natural; received from parents or ancestors.