Common misspellings for scale:
Definition of scale:
- To come off in thin layers.
- To pare off a surface.
- To climb by ladders; to mount by steps.
- To take off in thin pieces or layers; to pare the surface from; to peel off in scales.
- To ascend or climb a rocky precipice, as by a ladder.
- The dish of a balance; a balance; the sign Libra in the zodiac; the small shell or crust on a fish; any thin layer or lamina.
- A ladder; series of steps; act of storming a place by ladders; an escalade; a mathematical instrument on which are marked lines and figures at regular intervals; regular gradation; anything graduated or marked with degrees at equal distances; a gamut, consisting of a graduated scale of musical notes.
- The dish of a balance; one of the thin plates that form the covering of many fish; a thin piece that can be separated; a lamina.
- A series of steps; anything marked in parts at equal distances; an instrument graduated or divided into parts, used for mathematical and philosophical purposes; a natural series of musical sounds; the natural order of progression on which any system of notation is based.