Common misspellings for sound:
Definition of sound:
- To make a noise; to utter a voice; to exhibit by sound; to be spread or published.
- To use the line and lead in searching the depth of water.
- To cause to make a noise; to utteraudibly; to play. on; to signal by a sound; to celebrate or honour by sounds; to publish.
- To sink a plummet or lead to ascertain the depth of water; to introduce a sound into the bladder of a patient; to try; to examine; to endeavour to discover that which lies concealed in another's breast.
- To make a noise; to utter audibly; to play on; to celebrate or extol.
- To try, as the depth of water and the quality of the bottom, by sinking a plummet attached to a line; to use the line and lead to ascertain the depth of water; to try; to examine; to discover or endeavour to discover, as one's thoughts or opinions.
- An impression produced on the ear by vibrations in the air; that which affects the ear; noise; reports noise without signification; empty noise.
- A narrow passage of water; a shallow sea or strait connecting two seas.
- The air- bladder of a fish; the cuttlefish.
- A surgical instrument for feeling what is beyond the reach of the fingers.
- Anything perceptible to the ear; that which strikes the ear; noise; report; noise without significance.
- A narrow passage of water which may be crossed by swimming, or whose depth may be ascertained; a narrow arm of the sea.
- In surg., a probe or other instr. used to examine the bladder or a wound.
- Soundly; heartily.
- Entire; whole; unbroken; undecayed; perfect; healthy; hearty; solid; valid; right; stout; lusty; not deranged.
- Healthy; not diseased; strong; healthy in mind; unbroken; not defective; not decayed; unhurt; correct; free from error; orthodox; not enfeebled.