Common misspellings for point:
Definition of point:
- To direct the finger for designating an object; to indicate; to show distinctly by any means. To point at to treat with scorn.
- To sharpen: to direct; to aim; to mark with stops; to mark with vowel- points; to fill joints with mortar, and smooth them with the point of a trowel.
- To bring to a sharp end; to direct towards; to aim; to show by way of example; to mark with characters in order to indicate certain distinctions; to distinguish by stops or points by way of punctuation; to fill the joints with mortar and smooth them with a trowel, as a stone wall; to direct attention to an object by the finger; to indicate, as dogs do to sportsmen.
- The sharp end of any instrument; the mark made by it: an indivisible part; that which has neither length, breadth nor thickness; a dot; a stop in punctuation; a spot; verge; exact place; degree; lace wrought by the needle; quality; peculiarity; subject; aim; the switch of a railway; a small cape or promontory; the sting of an epigram; a lively turn of thought; the gist of an argument; punctilio.
- The sharp end of any instrument or body; anything resembling a point; the sting of an epigram; a small cape or headland; a turn of thought or expression that strikes with agreeable surprise; in geom., that which has position but no magnitude; a moment; a small space; punctilio; nicety; place or time near; critical moment; eve or verge, as of death; position; state; dot, mark, or spot; direction of view, or part viewed; particular mark or aim; particular mode or parts; instance; example; single part; part of a whole; single position; the main question; lace wrought with the needle, as point- lace; a division of the mariner's compass.