Common misspellings for by:
bisy, aby, bby, ty, bi, bv, ly, bs, by7, 3ba, 2br, ba, eby, bf, ky, uy, bawww, ey, y, b203, ymy, bm, wbf, 2b, beauy, b, mebey, bys, mayby, hy, py, ry, br, be4, bd, biy, bya, bu, bj, 2ba, bezy, bx, by6, b4, beyou, yyy, by1, byfar, bn, ny, biopy, meby, byt, bp, sy, bz, byher, bey, 3br, maeby, dy, biuy, tby, bh, bl, fy2009, bk, 4b, yyyy, maiby, fy09, bsuy, cy, b'day, thbey, theby, buya, bdy, bc, gy, oby, bg, ebaiy, fy11, be20, bt, 1b, 1ba, 4br, meyby, fy, bwdy, bo, bysy, mybey, wy, 4by4, bsy, bizy, 1br, b2b, b1, 17ty, bly, 2001b, b0, my, byr, 3b, b12, b19, b2, b6, b7, b90, baaaaaa, bb4, bq, be3, bw, be, bf3, b0dy, bpy, byu, oy, b0yz, 5br, byy, tbuy, bhy, bny, bty, byh, dby, fby, lby, nby, vby, vy, yb, buy, bay, iy, fy2010, jy, m'y, yy, yyyyyyyyyyyya, yyz, bw r, hby, gby, b6y, b y.
Definition of by:
- in the expression " by myself" ( A.V., 1 Corinthians 4:4 ), means, as rendered in the Revised Version, " against myself."
- This word, when descriptively used in a grant, does not mean " in immediate contact with," but " near" to, the object to which it relates; and " near" is a relative term, meaning, when used in land patents, very unequal and different distances. Wells v. Mfg. Co., 48 N. H. 491. A contract to complete work by a certain time, means that it shall be done before that time. Rankin v. Woodworth, 3 Pen. & W. ( Pa.) 48. By an acquittance for the last payment all other arrearages are discharged. Noy, 40.
- Next or near to; with; along; over; through; in, on, or at; past and beyond; after.
- At the side of: near to: through, denoting the agent, cause, means, etc.
- Beside; past; over ( a course).
- Through the agency or help of; with.
- In accordance with; according to.
- To the extent of; multiplied into.
- Near; with; through, as author, maker, cause, means; according to; in the measure or quantity of; during; not later than.
- Near; close; at hand, & c.
- On; along; in traversing. Compare 5.
- Near to, while passing; hence, from one to the other side of; past; as, to go by a church.
- Used in specifying adjacent dimensions; as, a cabin twenty feet by forty.
- With, as means, way, process, etc.; through means of; with aid of; through; through the act or agency of; as, a city is destroyed by fire; profit is made by commerce; to take by force.
- in reserve; not for immediate use; " started setting aside money to buy a car"; " put something by for her old age"; " has a nestegg tucked away for a rainy day"
- Near; in the neighborhood; present; as, there was no person by at the time.
- Passing near; going past; past; beyond; as, the procession has gone by; a bird flew by.
- Aside; as, to lay by; to put by.
- Out of the common path; aside; -- used in composition, giving the meaning of something aside, secondary, or incidental, or collateral matter, a thing private or avoiding notice; as, by- line, by- place, by- play, by- street. It was formerly more freely used in composition than it is now; as, by- business, by- concernment, by- design, by- interest, etc.
- Near, present, aside; by and by, after some time.
- Near: passing near: in presence of: aside, away.
- Near to; through; denoting agency or means.
- Near; in passing; in presence of; away.
- At hand; near.
- Beyond; past.
- Aside; apart off; up.
- Near: aside; away. By and- by, in a short time after; presently. By- the- by, by the way, as a passing remark aside from the main subject. By one's self, alone. To stand by, to stand near, or to support.
- Sometimes bye, as a prefix, means concealed; quiet; out of the direct way; private, & c.
- Out of the common path; aside; - used in composition, giving the meaning of something aside, secondary, or incidental, or collateral matter, a thing private or avoiding notice; as, by- line, by- place, by- play, by- street.
- As a prefix, signifying side, secondary, private.